0.3 - Contributing
Join the Apache Directory Community
The Apache Directory Project is an Open Source volunteer project under the auspices of The Apache Software Foundation (ASF). We welcome your input and contributions - either with direct participation (coding, documenting, answering questions, proposing ideas, reporting bugs, suggesting bug-fixes, etc..). You can also contribute to The Apache Software Foundation (ASF) by resource donations (money, time, publicity, hardware, software, conference presentations, speeches, etc...) of through the sponsorship program .
To begin with, we suggest you to subscribe to the Directory Mailing Lists & IRC (follow the link for information on how to subscribe and to access the mail list archives). Listen-in for a while, to see how others make contributions.
Then you can :
- Answer questions posted to the mailing lists.
- Contribute to the FAQ or Wiki.
- Contribute other documentation patches, either for the website or for the Apache Directory user documentation.
- Investigate bugs that have been reported and provide patches where appropriate.
- Help with development for the next release of the Directory project and subprojects.
What we are looking for
- Source code and fixes contributions
- Documentation assistance
- Product and feature suggestions
- Detailed and constructive feedback
- Articles and white papers