The Apache Directory project provides a rich toolchain for application developers: Apache Directoy Studio and Apache Directory Server (ApacheDS). This talk shows how this toolchain could be used in your development project:
- Use the LDAP Browser to explore data and schema, import and reset test data, test filters and queries, check modifications.
- Tweak your test data using the LDIF Editor.
- Design and rollout schema elements using the Schema Editor.
- Setup ApacheDS as LDAP server for your development environment.
- Use the replication consumer facility of ApacheDS to keep your development server in sync with the central LDAP server.
- Leverage the JUnit based testing framework of ApacheDS to test your persistence code.
- Presented by Stefan Seelmann in September 2009 at LdapCon 2009 in Portland, Oregon.