1 - How to begin
This chapter helps you to set up a server, with the minimal configuration options being explained. That should be enough to get a running server.
This user guide is not intended to be a LDAP guide : there are some excellent tutorials or books, we won’t try to challenge them !
Table of content
- 1.1 - What Apache Directory Server is
- 1.2 - Some Background. Directories, directory services and LDAP
- 1.3 - Installing and starting the server
- 1.4 - Basic configuration tasks
- 1.5 - About the sample configurations and sample directory data
- 1.6 - Backup/Restore