Join the Apache Directory Community
The Apache Directory Project is an Open Source volunteer project under the auspices of The Apache Software Foundation (ASF). We welcome your input and contributions - either with direct participation (coding, documenting, answering questions, proposing ideas, reporting bugs, suggesting bug-fixes, etc..). You can also contribute to The Apache Software Foundation (ASF) by resource donations (money, time, publicity, hardware, software, conference presentations, speeches, etc...) of through the sponsorship program .
To begin with, we suggest you to subscribe to the Directory Mailing Lists & IRC (follow the link for information on how to subscribe and to access the mail list archives). Listen-in for a while, to see how others make contributions.
Then you can :
- Answer questions posted to the mailing lists.
- Contribute to the FAQ or Wiki.
- Contribute other documentation patches, either for the website or for the Apache Directory user documentation.
- Investigate bugs that have been reported and provide patches where appropriate.
- Help with development for the next release of the Directory project and subprojects.
What we are looking for
- Source code and fixes contributions
- Documentation assistance
- Product and feature suggestions
- Detailed and constructive feedback
- Articles and white papers
How do I contribute
- To discuss Apache Directory topics check out the mailing lists.
- Informal discussion also occurs on the #apache-directory Users IRC channel or on the #apache-directory-dev Developers IRC channel on freenode.net.
- Bugs and other issues can be posted on the project issue tracking system.
- Additional documentation and discussion can be found on the project wiki.