2 - Basic LDAP API usage (...)¶
We provide three different sets of methods to send requests to the LDAP server:
- The first set is the simplest. Its methods don't return a response but may throw a LdapOperationException if the operation was not successful.
- The second set is for advanced users. It works with dedicated Request and Response objects and allows fine-grained control at the LDAP protocol level.
- The third set allows users to send asynchronous requests.
The first set of methods covers all basic LDAP operations: Bind, Add, Delete, Modify, Move/Rename/MoveAndRename, Compare, and Unbind operations
The second and third sets cover all basic LDAP operations, Extended operations, and LDAP Controls.
- 2.1 - Connection and disconnection
- 2.2 - Binding and unbinding
- 2.3 - Searching (...)
- 2.4 - Adding entries
- 2.5 - Deleting entries
- 2.6 - Modifying entries
- 2.7 - Moving an renaming entries (e)
- 2.8 - Comparing entries (e)
- 2.9 - Exception management (...)
- 2.10 - The LdapConnectionTemplate
- 2.11 - The FilterBuilder