ApacheDS v2.0 Basic User's Guide
This guide is primarily for people new to ApacheDS 2.0. If you plan to use the server as is, maybe even for your first LDAP experience, you'll (hopefully) find all information necessary to do so. Only basic configuration tasks are covered. Learn more about the options you have (and many other things) in the ApacheDS v2.0 Advanced User's Guide.
LDAP is a complex set of technology, Apache Directory Server is offering more than just LDAP, so it's good to get a quick grip on the server.
About this guide
Getting started. Learn how to download and install ApacheDS 2.0 on different platforms, connect to it with various clients (graphical tools among others), manipulate the data within your directory and integrate ApacheDS with other software. The same sample data, provided as a download, is used through the whole guide.
Table of contents
- 1 - How to begin
- 1.1 - What Apache Directory Server is
- 1.2 - Some Background. Directories, directory services and LDAP
- 1.3 - Installing and starting the server
- 1.4 - Basic configuration tasks
- 1.5 - About the sample configurations and sample directory data
- 2 - Handling of data within your directory
- 3 - Basic Security
- 4 - Integrating ApacheDS with other programs
We are quite interested to improve the content of this guide. Feel free to provide us feedback: